Galantamine (8 mg x 60 capsules)
Galantamine is a cognitive enhancer that is used to improve mental acuity and promote relaxation. It is often taken as a lucid dreaming aid and to make it easier to fall asleep after a stressful or anxiety-filled day. Galantamine is the generic name for the brand Reminyl which is used to treat mild to moderate confusion (dementia) related to Alzheimer’s disease.
√ Increases acetylcholine levels to support memory
√ Enhances mental clarity and attention span
√ Helps induce lucid dreaming states
Galantamine is responsible for a number of Nootropic benefits. A number of users indicate that taking this supplement has also led to an increased attention span, improved concentration and focus, including improved decision making.
References, Research and Articles:
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement take one capsule with breakfast. If a higher dose is desired take a second capsule with lunch the second week or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Quick Ship USA. Money Back Guarantee.
Galantamine is the active ingredient in the popular brand named Reminyl, a recognised treatment for those suffering with Alzheimer’s Disease (AD).
A significant factor in Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is the depletion of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. Galantamine helps to prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine, therefore assisting brain function and slowing down the effects of AD. Galantamine is a widely used treatment for the early stages of dementia / AD.
Galantamine is derived from plants such as the snowdrop and the red spider lily, which have been used for hundreds of years to aid brain function / memory. In pharmaceutical form Galantamine is used to treat some recognised symptoms of AD reducing the mental and physical effects of the AD causing dementia.
By preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine Galantamine benefits those at the mild to moderate stages of AD. In this mechanism of action Galantamine is similar to other dementia drugs such as deprenyl or centrophenoxine. When treating neurodegenerative disorders, doses often have to be regularly increased to achieve the same effect but this is not the case with Galantamine which both protects acetylcholine and stimulates certain brain cell receptors. This dual action serves to make Galantamine one of the safest, most efficient forms of dementia therapy available today.
There are very few side effects recorded when using Galantamine but as with many medications used to treat dementia / AD, there is a risk of nausea, dizziness, vomiting, increased respiration and reduced blood pressure. This is due to the drug’s mechanism of action in the body.
Do not use if you suffer from chronic schizophrenia. As with all products of this nature, please seek medical advice and guidance from your physician or healthcare advisor before using.
Quick Ship USA. Money Back Guarantee.
- Antioxidant activity of galantamine and some of its derivatives. – Read Full Article
- Long-term effects of galantamine on cognitive function in Alzheimer’s disease: a large-scale international retrospective study. – Read Full Article
- Increased glutamate in the hippocampus after galantamine treatment for Alzheimer disease. – Read Full Article
- Synergistic inhibition of butyrylcholinesterase by galantamine and citalopram. – Read Full Article
- Modelling the clinical and economic implications of galantamine in the treatment of mild-to-moderate Alzheimer’s disease in Germany. – Read Full Article
- Galantamine inhibits calpain-calcineurin signaling activated by beta-amyloid in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. – Read Full Article
- Effects of galantamine on Î²-amyloid release and beta-site cleaving enzyme 1 expression in differentiated human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. – Read Full Article